2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 501
The FE 501 houses the most powerful engine in the Husqvarna enduro range. In order to centralize masses, the SOHC engine features completely new crankshaft position located at the ideal center of gravity. Vibration is kept to a minimum through a counter balancer shaft while the power characteristics can be changed at any time with a new map select switch. High quality finishes and premium components ensure the FE 501 meets the highest levels of quality and craftsmanship.
- Engine: Delivering the highest level of performance in the Husqvarna enduro line-up, the 510.4cc power plant is more advanced than ever while weighing only 30.1kg.
- Cylinder head: The compact SOHC cylinder head is designed to offer the maximum performance at the minimum possible weight. The camshaft actuates four lightweight valves (titanium intake Ø=40mm 32.6g, steel exhaust Ø=33mm 42.6g) through a very robust rocker arm system.
- Crankcase: The crankcases are designed to house the shaft arrangements and internals of the engine in the best possible position, centralising masses for a lightweight handling feel. High-pressure die cast production processes results in a thin but reliable wall thickness and keeping weight to a minimum.
- Crankshaft: A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The flex character of the frame is specifically tailored to benefit suspension functionality, handling and comfort. The frame fitted with standard frame protectors and an engine protector which mounts directly to the frame guaranteeing superior protection and durability. .
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the enduro range while striking pearl blue and electric yellow graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. The advanced ergonomics provide superior comfort and control allowing the rider to perform at their peak for extended periods of time.
- Aluminium swingarm: The hollow, cast aluminium swingarm is designed to offer optimal stiffness and reliability while adding the least possible weight. The machining above the rear axle allows the chain adjuster markings to be seen from above for easy maintenance.
- Tool-less air filter access: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Electric start: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting in all situations. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than conventional lead battery.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. For MY18, the forks feature new outer tubes with improved flex characteristics and reduced friction while a new stiffer setting offers more sensitivity and greater bottoming resistance.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, the stroke is more seamless resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the corrugated outer contour of the reservoir improves cooling.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Metzeler 6 days extreme tyres which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps have been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 510.9 cm³
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 31:76
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 11.81 in.
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 38.19 in.
- Weight without fuel: 244.71 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 12.99 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.25 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 510.9 cm³
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Seat Height
- 38.19 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.25 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 244.71 lb.
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.